The 8(a) Streamlined Technology Application Resource for Services (STARS) II Government-wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) – “8(a) STARS II”, is a Multiple Award (MA), Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) contract that provides information technology (IT) services and IT service-based solutions which include the integration of ancillary support necessary and integral to the IT services being acquired. STARS II is reserved for qualifying Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a) prime contractors with competitive prices.
8(a) STARS II Design:
The 8(a) STARS II design consists of two constellations (tiers) based on industry accreditations:
- Constellation I includes industry partners with competitive pricing and technical proficiency
- Constellation II includes industry partners who have competitive pricing, technical proficiency, and an additional industry credential (e.g.: CMMI).
8(a) STARS II features North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code functional area 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services which is comprised primarily for companies engaged in writing, modifying, testing, and supporting software to meet the needs of a particular customer.
8(a) STARS II Features:
- Multiple Award: Indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle
- Five-year base with one five-year option
- $10 billion program ceiling
- Directed task orders: STARS II allows directed task order awards up to $4 Million, including options. Orders over $4 Million must be competed within the constellation and functional area.
8(a) STARS II Benefits:
- Available to all federal agencies
- 8(a) socioeconomic credit transferrable to the agency
- Pre-competed, Full range of easy to use contract types (fixed price, cost reimbursement, time and material and labor hour
- Access to proven 8(a) small business technology providers
- Shortened procurement lead time
- Flexibility of fixed price, time and materials, labor hour, and blended task order types
- A low user access fee (0.75 percent) built into contractor’s ceiling prices
- Contract Number: GS-06F-1324Z
- Contract Period of Performance: Through August 30, 2021
- Approved Constellation/Functional Area:
- CIFA1 & CIIFA1
- FA1: NAICS 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- Dun and Bradstreet Number: 142362594
- Tax ID: 52-2221902
- CAGE Code: 4UYS2
- 8(a) STARS Program Manager:
- Brian O’Rourke
For more information visit the GSA’S STARS II website.
Program Ceiling: $10B total for all awardees on the multiple award contracts
Available Order Types: As defined in FAR Part 16, Type of Contracts, Fixed-Price (FAR 16.2), Incentive (FAR 16.4), Time-and-Materials (T&M (FAR 16.6)), and Labor-Hour (LH (FAR 16.6)) Order types are permissible. Hybrid blends of the Order types are feasible. The OCO is responsible for clearly identifying the applicable order type(s), making all required determinations and establishing requirements in the Order solicitation.